Re: [AMC-List] Rambler Torino

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 07:21, farna@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The only thing I see that they changed is the engine and trans and no
> chrome bumpers and grille. The bumpers and such aren't bad painted,
> but those plain wheel covers would have to go -- some vintage looking
> Torque-Thrust wheels or something similar. It's really to bad the
> Torino OHC six was replaced. It probably wasn't the three Weber model
> though.

There's the dillemma -- that I've never had, lucky or otherwise -- of a
rare (here) car either being correct and undrivable, or incorrect and
fun. Eg. that motor. I would FAR PREFER!!!! a triple-carb inline six
over a v8 of any brand, any day! No offense meant to AMC V8's. But if
parts are simply unattainable, and the car is such that it's not a
one-off, just a rare production car, I'd probably stick in a motor of
similar "spirit" in the car and drive the hell out of it.