[AMC-List] AMC-List Down time....

The web site has been down for the last three days due to the fact that the AMC-List has changed servers. If you want to read the list on-line go to www.amc-list.com and view the Archives -- for now. If you view by date the latest entry is at the bottom of the page.

As soon as the wbe site owner (Jim Stone) gets a chance to fix the problem he will. We changed servers last Thursday afternoon and didn't think there would be a problem, but I believe the site's ISP may not automatically change DNS addresses without someone verifying them first for security purposes. If that's the case the site here should be back up in a couple days. Jim may have to make some changes in the software though, which could take longer.

Rest assured we're working on the problem! To post a new message or reply to the list you must subscribe. You can do this at www.amc-list.com also. The default mail format is "digest", which means you'll get one or more e-mails daily, depending on list traffic. Right now it's averaging two digests per day. You won't be flooded with e-mail. A digest collects 8-15 messages (depending on length) and sends them out in one message of about 40K. If the 40K trip point isn't reached the system will send out whatever was collected in the last 24 hours, so at least one digest will go out daily. You can change your settings to "disable" mail (won't send anything) and read on-line or to send individual messages as they are received by the list by turning digest off. THEN you will get an average of 15 mails daily (by turning digest off). The advantage to that is you get the mails sooner and it's easier to reply to them.

To reply to a message from a digest or that you read in the archive list you have to use your e-mail program. Click on an underlined address and your computer should open an e-mail to that address. If you have your system set up differently just send a message to mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Don't forget to type in a subsject or cut and paste the subject (and any part of the message you wish to quote) to your e-mail message.