Re: [AMC-List] 69-70 javelin drums

" From: "Swygert Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM" <Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" The drums should be available from regular auto parts stores. If no luck
" at AutoZone, etc., try NAPA. Second place to try are some of the AMC
" vendors such as Galvin's (www.ramblerparts.com) or APP
" (www.amclives.com). Kanter (www.kanter.com) may have them also. If not
" listed on Kanter's site call -- they have many items not on the website.

my old napa book shows them as the std. 10" drums on all amcs '68-'73
at least.  they may cover earlier, but in '73 they started using a new
rear drum that was used up to '89 in cherokees and wranglers.  these
fronts were used up to '75-6, finally replaced with disks.

" I wouldn't be surprised at all if the drums interchange with some Ford
" models. Ford used a lot of Bendix brakes also. I'm not sure about the
" Chryslers. If there is an interchange the drum manufacturing companies
" usually know and mark their part numbers accordingly. The offset of the
" drum to the hub and the way it meets the backing plate would be the only
" differences if the bolt pattern, width, and inside diameter matches.

i couldn't find any ford or mopar crosses.