[AMC-List] 1966 Rambler wagon and 78 Hornet Hatchback for sale!!

[AMC-List] 1966 Rambler wagon and 78 Hornet Hatchback for sale!!

Forwarded for Rich Truesdale, who has been stranded by AOL...
Please respond directly to Rich, his e-mail is at the end of this message.

I'm not sure if any of you followed the eBay auction on my 1966 Rambler American 440 station wagon (item number 4631949099 - you can still view the original ad which got more than 1800 hits) which stalled at $1025. I was quite surprised given that I was offering it with a complete 1978 AMC Concord hatchback donor car with a 304 V8, front disc brakes and an AMC 20 rear end (which makes it basically a station wagon version of the Car Craft project Rambler). My plan was to combine the two and  build a SC/Rambler Phantom station wagon. (I ended up buying a 1969 American 440  station wagon earlier this month with a 290 V8, thus my desire to sell this pair.) Oh, one more thing, the station wagon is equipped with cold-blowing factory air.

I have decided to have the carb rebuilt or replaced and re-list the station wagon without the parts car (it will be available if the buyer wants it), in an effort to make things simpler. When I see some of the junk that sells for big dollars, I just scratch my head.

The bottom line is this. I'm going to re-list the car with a Buy-It-Now of $2,500. The new reserve will be $2,100. If someone makes me a confirmed bid before I list it, I will sell it for $2,000 (don't ask me to go lower, I'm into the car for $2,700 and  believe that for the right person, someone who wants a clean, complete car as the basis for a project, this is it). I'll throw in a Pioneer AM/FM/CD with  a separate XM tuner if someone from the list buys the
car this weekend, a $200 value.

Check out the old listing  on eBay and take a look at the high-resolution images on my web site at:imageevent.com/mmm_mag/1966rambleramericanwagon. If you have any questions,  please E-mail me at autotronic@xxxxxxxx I'm willing to work with serious buyers to help arrange transportation.

The car is located in Yorba  Linda, CA, 15 minutes from Disneyland in Orange County.

If you know someone  interested in a sixties Falcon, Chevy II, Valiant or the like, please point them  in my direction. This is a sweet little car and will make someone really happy.  I know how much I enjoy driving the 1969 290 V8 I just  bought.

Have a great  weekend,

Rich  Truesdell
AUTOtronic@xxxxxxx