Re: [AMC-List] Seat Covers 1970 buckets

I used these on the American and have used them in the past.
 I've not been impressed with the Vinyls as the seams are heat melted and look cheap [IMHO]. The tweed vinyl combo in my American now, I like except for the vinyl piping on the front 95 Ranger buckets I'm using. They picked asrange way to do this and I'm not wild about it, but at the time it was all I could afford. They are holding up well. I would use the tweed again. Frank is right about them being slightly over sized. To build up the back I would use either foam pad or even carpet pad as it is fairly stiff and rigid and would hold shape better. I always take th e old covers off and use foam to build the seats up till I get the look I'm after. I feel that leaving the old cover sin place is just asking for them to wear thru the new covers, especially if they are vinyl and old and have hard rough cracked edges and torn piping.
  If you are JC whitneying them, I suggest going to Autocraft directly. The price is the same or close, but they are very good, [or have been in the past] people to work with and they will give you many options JC won't, plus they will send out samples and will do some fairly complex mix and matching. I have top of the line front covers on my 95 Ranger buckets in my American and bare bones bottom of the line cover on the stock 69 rear seat. [IMHO] the plain cover on the rear seat looks better than the fancy covers I got on the front! I even bought extra yardage and made my own flat tweed door panels. Last note, Get extra Hogrings!!!! They never give you enough! I called them after I ran out and they sent me more free!

Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net
Morgantown, WV