Re: [AMC-List] D&D transmissions? T-5 questions

Re: [AMC-List] D&D transmissions? T-5 questions

Thanks!
  The clutch disc info really helps as my current clutch setup only has a few thousand miles on it. I can probably get by with just replacing the disc!
Stock disc should be fine for my 4.0L
  I will prbably go with a GM steel retainer, but I'm not sure. I need to compare it to the AMC. I have a bad GM unit an da good T-4 unit to do a side by side comparison of them. I should have made the guy an  offe ron his steel retainer as he has it too, but I didn't think to do that.
 I'm still trying to figure out if I can swap the NWC AMC tailhousing onto the Ford WC trans. Good news is D&D performce rates the trans at 330 ft-lbs so I should be good to go with a troker if I ever get the time to do one.
  I have a 3:31 rear axle with twingrip and 255/60/15 tires and second gear in the AMC is like 2:40 or 2:50-1 and I can pullout with no problem in second now even on the hills around here. So I should be good to go with the 2:95 trans.
  I'm thinking if I have to stay with the Ford shifter setup. I may just send the trans to D&D and have them replace the cluster with a new one of theirs so it remains a comlpete D&D trans.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net