[AMC-List] Getting an '87 Eagle Wagon

My wife and I plan to pick up an '87 Eagle Wagon that we have been paying for.

Two things will need to be worked on before we drive it very far. I will
need to fix some holes in the exhaust system. That seems fairly easy to me:
Coffee cans, tin snips, exhaust compound and baling wire. If my take on the
matter is incorrect, please set me straight. I also expect for there to be
ample room to crawl under the car to do the repair work. When we get the
car home, we will get a proper exhaust system put on it.

Second item to fix. The rear brakes need to be adjusted. If they are like
most drum brakes, there is a star wheel that can be advanced or retracted
to set the clearance. That is done while rotating the wheel by hand until
just a little friction is felt. Again, let me know if that is incorrect. It
has been about twenty years since I did work on brakes. But then again, the
car is about that old too.

The other thing that needs work is the carb. That, I am told is a touchy
business. So I will just keep it running and not slow down much.

What kind of mileage should I expect from a wagon in reasonable mechanical
condition (cylinder pressure is 135 lbs. plus or minus 10%) on a 4.2 liter
6.

Thanks for the input.

I hope to start restoring it after I get it home.

Neal Lewis

Carrie L. Lewis - Horse Painter
Member of The Equine Art Guild
http://www.Carrie-Lewis.com