[AMC-List] 3 or 4 hole harmonic balancer and flywheels

[AMC-List] 3 or 4 hole harmonic balancer and flywheels

Jesse,

My personnel experience with this is you need to go to a GREAT machine shop
and have everything checked for balance.
I swapped in a T5 into my 70 Javelin that used to have the BW automatic. It
took two years to find the correct flywheel for the change. If you are
changing the flywheel only, on an engine, the new flywheel may or may not be
exactly balanced to your engine. This may not make any difference if the out
of balance situation is tolerable, but if it isn't the engine may shake
itself to death. I found a GREAT machine shop very close to home when I was
doing the swap. This shop match balanced the new flywheel to the old flex
plate. I took them the appropriate crank, the engines harmonic balancer, the
flexplate and flywheel. The engine runs just as vibration free or better
than when it had the automatic.
Armand

About the Versailles 9 inch. So far everything I've heard about this setup
is good, better grab it while you can. It swaps right in without changing
the width, or so everyone has stated.