Re: [AMC-List] Old Seat Belts

Looks like a good product. If you're going to be keeping the kids for a
while the weld in product might be best. You could use a 2" square or so
piece of 1/8" steel plate under the floor and bolt it in. I usually just
use a pair of fender washers bent to conform to the floor. It COULD pull
out, but if I hit something hard enough to pull a 1.5" washer through a
3/8" hole, I don't think I'm going to be real worried about it...  What
would actually happen, if it "pulled out", is the floor metal would rip
at the hole. Same thing though -- not likely to happen in any sort of
wreck I'd want to survive! Would take a head on collision with a Mack
truck to rip the floor metal...

I installed rear shoulder belts in the back of my wagon for two
passengers (center is still lap belt, but rarely used). I searched the
local pick-n-pull until I found a rear belt that was mounted in a way I
could adapt. Since the retractors would be exposed they needed to be
covered. I think the ones I have came from a Nissan four door. I just
anchored them to the top of the wheel wells. I don't have the plastic
covers in the back though, they were to cracked up to be of any use. I
covered the humps with carpet and made flat panels for the sides similar
to door panels. You could probably mount similar belts in your Eagle
wagon. Would still leave the center with lap belts though.

I know I stated that I've recolored seat belts before, but I prefer to
change to something newer. The ones I recolored were the old early 60s
fabric belts. I'm using early 1990s Chevy S-10 Blazer front shoulder
belts in my car now, early 90s Nissan in the rear.

----------------------------
Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 06:19 AM
From: Russell Neyhart <rtneyhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Speaking of seat belts... Soon my oldest daughter will not be able to
fit in the car seat she uses in the Eagle. I was considering using the
set up from these folks http://www.ezonpro.com/ (or something similar)
in the Eagle for the rear seat. Three setups would allow me to seat my
daughter (with) and niece (without) a booster seat and my youngest in
her car seat. When they're ready, they'll be able to sit in the back
with more than just a lap belt. They have a set up that welds to the
floor and has two shoulder belts that come up and over with loops that
the OE lap belts go through giving a four-point harness.

Has anyone tackled this problem in their old AMC? Thoughts on this?