[AMC-List] your Charity case has bought us something to eat ......'Parad

[AMC-List] your Charity case has bought us something to eat ......'Paradise City'

"Body work we are correcting before paint can be applied:
Passenger door perfectly aligned to the front fender that's very much
in
the wrong place (meaning the door and fender are both way off) Rocker
panels are VERY rough and mostly composed of filler at this time
(anyone
has some it would be nice to weld them in) Rear of roof panel is
somewhat
s shaped at this time, looks like someone roughed in some filler then
shot
primer over it (looks BAD) Hood skin is not connected to the hood
right
now except at the edges, this is distorting the shape and we're
reattaching the two before we form more opinions

Finding body seams that
were bondo'd over, using an original amx for reference.

The guy who did this work no longer works for Zion and I'm not
judging
their work by this car... It is however a long way from being ready
for
paint. They did a very nice job putting the quarter panel on the car
and
I've got no complaints about how it looks."
Sgt. Frank.

<>

'The Guy' - sounds like a 'real lover'..... Zion is probably taking
heat from his previous work - and, I'd speculate on where those
parts went - we should give him a blanket party ;)

Biggest worry is the RUST in the seams or ANYWHERE AMC -

so here is my donation
to the cause:

http://tinyurl.com/qjhhe

get a plastic household sump pump - some garden
hose - a garden sprinkler - some tarps >

set up the tarps under the car on a raised platform
with a hole cut in the center to sink the sump pump.

tarps will contain your pool of rust wash fluid.

set up sprinkler to spray site to be cleaned -

personally, I'd do the entire car and every seam since
it requires zero labor to wash out ALL the rust anywhere
in the car -

7 hours later > you have zero rust - no acid residue -
only  clean pristine metal ready to seal - prime and shoot.

way to go or what - .

might do this after the plastic media blasting -
or do they use walnut shells ?

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"