[AMC-List] AMC v8 Valve Covers

Date: Saturday, December 9, 2006 05:23 PM
<mailto:hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=%5BAMC-List%5D%20AMC%20v8%20Valve%20Covers>milnersXcoupe
<hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Does - Did anyone ever make V8 valve covers
just like the stockers only out of Aluminium ?

I was looking at one set that were thicker than
the cyl. head castings .........

         =Bt=
   milnersXcoupe

Yes, There was such an animal. I recall that someAMC Valve cover like that
were advertised
in Stock Car Racing magazine back in the mid to late 70's.
There was some use of AMC V-8 in local stock car racing in the period
that some made some valve cover of this type were made. I don't recall who
and I still
have enough stuff in boxes that it would be difficult to find, but I'm betting
the company is long out of business any way and don't know where you'd find
any, except
possibly ebay. There are many better choices now. Edelbrock in there newest
catalogue
I get at SEMA has brought back the aluminum Edelbrock valve cover for AMC's
V-8.
LRDaum