Re: [AMC-List] overweight Americans

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Mark Price wrote:

> All this reading has me curious to try and get my 69 on a scale.
> With it's 4.0L and T5, no A/C, I wonder what it weighs in at?
>   It'll likely be heavier when it makes it as the interior is scheduled for carpet sound mat and some modern shoulder harnesses front and rear.

Probably pretty light! A/C with an all-Sanden setup is probably
under 150 lbs, but I bet a York setup is over 200 lbs, including
overhead. That old crap is heavy! And it's all in the nose of
the car.

I had all the insulation I installed in my Hornet in my arms;
it weighs close to nothing. The stick-on sound-deadening stuff
was probably 15 lbs. Carpet probably 20 lbs. Eh. That crap is all
worth it, I can tell you that! Hornets and Americans are noisy!