Re: [AMC-List] has anyone tried these?

The first problem with our cars is most of them only connect that circuit with the key on. If you have a lighter that is hot always and the charging unit is properly built to not send too many amps thru the small wire feeding the lighter then yes these will work. It will take a while though! A lot longer than a normal jumpstart. If your battery has shorted, forget it.
  I personally just carry a good heavy set of jumpers in EVERY vehicle I own, Uh except now that I think about it the American still needs a set! It's a very rare occurance to not be around someone else with a car nowadays when yours dies! The cables are usually the missing link.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net