[Amc-list] real amc'ers

Well, part of what you say is true -- the person who signed on just to
take a look then forgot, or put themselves in "no mail" mode so they
could read on-line and post on rare occasion and forgot -- they get mad
and complain to their service provider. It's not a problem for Tom or I
to unsub them, but it may take more than 2-3 hours. Someone who checks
their mailbox in the morning to find 5-6 messages from somewhere they
don't recall assume it's spam. Then they check a couple hours later and
find a couple more, and immediately complain. I don't mind the more or
less polite "Please get me off!" messages, but a lot of people are,
well, less polite than that! I just ignore and unsub. But every time
there's a problem there is a shake-down, and some of it is the "not real
AMCers" that leave. No big deal either way.

I've seen a similar block at Speedway (probably IS the Wilwood). All
they did was combine their adjustable proportioning valve with a
distribution block. Rather than go the adjustable route, you can pick up
a combo valve from a Jeep XJ in the wrecking yard (some have the combo
valve on the MC with short tubes between MC and valve) or buy a new GM
combo valve. I don't know the exact setting on the rear, but it's
somewhere between 200 and 400 psi. that should work fine -- most hot
rodders use them. You can find them on e-bay, or most brakes places.
www.mpbrakes.com is a great site -- they have a lot of info files on
brake systems.

By the way, what was the drag problem?

---------------------
Date: Thursday, January 25, 2007 10:51 PM
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

i guess with all this "unsubscribe" stuff all of a
sudden when the server crashed, and getting individual
emails of postings, we see who the real amc'ers are i
guess? or is that just my thinking?

well, i have almost got all my problems worked out
with my brakes. i got them blead out and all and
adjusted good. i just got to get a good distrobution
block. has anyone ever used one of the wilwood
distrobution blocks for front/rear with the adjustable
pressure valve? stainless steel brakes makes one too.
would like to hear any thoughts about them if anyone
has any experience with them. would either one of them
be any better than getting one off of say a mustang or
something? i need to get one pretty soon. i still have
the problem of the rear wheels locking up when i got
to get on the brakes hard. if i got to get on them
hard, i cant hit the clutch so that the engine will
keep just enough pressure so they dont lock up. well,
hope everyone has a great weekend. looks like we just
MIGHT have a decent weekend. first time in about 3 or
4 weeks.