Re: [Amc-list] Headlight problem

A: New high beam switch should do the trick (old one is probably melted) If you have one from an older rig (floor mount) so long as the prongs are the same, it should work to test it. That or put a wire across 2 of the plugs to test the lights. (there are only 3 ways to hook it. 1 will result in no lights and the other 2 will give high or low beams.)

From: Marty Bricker <mbrickerusn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Headlight problem
To: AMC List <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

My high beam switch (83 SX/4)appeared to be inop as I
used it and then it would not turn the high beams off.
 I thought the switch was broken as I could not feel
or hear the usual click when pulling on the turn
signal lever.  Started messing with it and it started
clicking again so I thought everything was
good...until I checked the headlights.  Now I have no
high beams and, possibly no low beams.  The low
beams(or high beam in the low beam light) are all I
have.   All of the other lights controlled by the
headlight switch (park, rear, side and interior) work
normally. I unplugged the high beam switch and then I
didn't have any headlights.  Any recommendations or
troubleshooting tips to try and determine what the
exact problem is?