[Amc-list] What type of cheap paint?

I need to paint some engine compartment parts (brackets, etc.).  I've
always used Rustoleum but have never been happy with the results.  It
just stays too soft and doesn't hold up.

Any suggestions for a rattle-can paint (black) that I can try for these
miscellaneous parts? (yes, I know engine compartments are the body color).