Re: [Amc-list] Ugly Cars

Doug,
  Yes your right about Hagerty's "The Most Questionable Car Designs of
All Time" poll, but ugly is another word that can mean what they meant.
In fact, in the Kenosha News article they did say what Hagerty's poll
question was but they also stated that the magazine Business Week Online
translated Hagerty's question for the poll as just meaning plain "ugly".

My problem with Hagerty is that they sell collector car insurance and I
think their poll just might turn off some AMC owners (and the other
vehicles listed) from buying their insurance. Not smart marketing!!!

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:50:10 -0400 Doug Dornbos <dornbos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Typical journalists .... instead of reporting the news they had to
> spin
> it. Did the article also mention that McKeel Hagerty (CEO of Hagerty
>
> Insurance) actually owns a Pacer himself? What Hagerty actually did
> was
> to take a poll amongst its' clients as to what ?The Most
> Questionable
> Car Designs of All Time? were and then to compile the 2500+ results
>
> which apparently the Kenosha paper called the "Ugly Cars" list (some
>
> made the list for mechanical reasons.) You can read about it on the
>
> Hagerty site at:

http://www.hagerty.com/NewsManager/templates/template3.aspx?articleid=131
8&zoneid=6
> and a more balanced article here:

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/content/aug2007/bw20070823_780539.htm?c
han=autos_autos+index+page_top+stories
> Doug
>
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 11:33:45 -0500
> > From: Jock J JocewJ Jocewicz <namdra@xxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: [Amc-list] Ugly Cars
> > To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Today's Kenosha News was headlined with this (picturing a yellow
> Pacer)::
> >
> > Ugly Cars. 3 Kenosha-built AMC vehicles rank in the Top 10.
> >
> > In a story on page 3 about the headline it said the Hagerty
> Insurance
> > company rated the following as the Top 10 ugliest cars:
> >
> > 1. AMC PACER
> > 2. THE YUGO
> > 3. FORD PINTO
> > 4. PONTIAC AZTEK
> > 5. CHEVROLET VEGA
> > 6. AMC GREMLIN
> > 7. CHEVROLET CORVAIR
> > 8. AMC MATADOR
> > 9. EDSEL
> > 10. CHEVROLET CHEVETTE

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx or
namdra1@xxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 563168  (262) 843-4326
  JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!  http://www.AMCDragRacing.com.

'07 AMC NATIONALS - Sep. 6-8, 2007 - Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766