Re: [Amc-list] TOTO?...and a tirade against 'Old Cars' (*which 'noone sh

Re: [Amc-list] TOTO?...and a tirade against 'Old Cars' (*which 'noone should have'*)

Well, Lad,
I can make another suggestion for 'respite'...
Starting Monday AM (actually Sunday, PM) I got the 'thing thats going
around' (whatever that is...)
Seems it's a virus.
Seems I've met that critter before (because now that I'm thru the third
day--it lasts at its worst for three days--I recognize the fact this I've
done before.
Point?
The Virus made me feel SOOOOOOO bad I forgot all about all my other troubles
(almost anyway)...The 'fluey' achey so pervasive that, well, I could not
tell the old from the new!
You know the old story, 'shoot yourself in the foot...it will make your
headache go away'.
I DO NOT reccommend this virus as a 'cure all' for backache (it only lasts 3
days??), but one thing IS for sure...I'm happy to have 'only' my 'regular'
problems back and get out of woods with this evil 'whatever it is thats
going around'...
Sheeeeesh!

Anyone interested in the fleet offerings??
I'm being run out of town on a rail (Bennington, Vermont, home of Hemmings
and THE Bennington Car Show and they (CERTAIN, not all) officials think
'noone should have old cars' (DUH!  What anii (is that the pleural of anus?)
they are...When I said to the town's building inspector 'what would Terry
Erich (an A+ Citizen in all respects) say about that?', his reply, short but
not sweet, 'He is dead...it does not matter'.  That gives rise to making me
think of another description for him, the last syllable is 'koff'...
Thus, with much chagrin, I'm leaving Bennington for more friendly environs
for myself and the remainder of my 'fleet' (which shall be seriously
diminished to a manageable 'able to count on one hand')...
I Love this town, this part of NewEngland which is land of my birth and
'home' in both reality and my heart...but the 'zonies' (those who can
declare land use at their own discretion) have given me sufficient pause to
decide I don't need this garbage...
Example: They have declared as 'junk' "any vehicle which is disabled,
unregistered or uninspected (and thus insured)" regardless of the reason why
(say you hve a '55 Packard and need a part you cannot locate within the 30
days they give you. You thus violate their zoning regulations such that you
can be fined $100 per diem.  You must either garage that vehicle (what if
you've no garage?) or get rid of it.  (rid of it?  Hello!  Indeed.)  This
car, with 69,000 miles, a hugely expensive paint job, new tires and brakes,
etc, etc is JUNK??  Whereever do they get off with that?
Here is my reccomendation (and I shall follow this with MUCH regret: Boycott
ANY and ALL antique/classic Automobile functions which associate with
Bennington...PERIOD.  That is Hemmings 'cruise in's, the Bennington Car
Show, and any other.  And spread the word, but above all, make it clearly
know why you are so doing.  (Bennington is UNFRIENDLY to old cars...PERIOD.
Bring your money, leave your 'junker' at home (because, as Mr Monk advised
me, NOONE NEEDS AN OLD CAR))).
I shall be out of Bennington by the second week following the show, but
shall return to 'clean up' in a number of trips.
Bennington being 'old car friendly' (as claimed by whomever) is patently a
fraud.  The 'law' that a vehicle must be inspected is a malicious endeavor
by the town specifically aimed at Jerijan personally (true, this isn't a
paranoid delusion; the building inspector's assistant told me that that
regulation is called the 'Jerijan Law'.  I can't begin to guess why (NOT!).
It has to do with what is known as NIMBY effect...Old Cars are fine...but
the process which restores them is 'not for us'.
If anyone wishes, I'll provide full details of these troubles with details,
names, and dates because I know full well that other little burgs out there
in NeverNeverland do the very same thing.  I know what a junkyard is.  I
know what junk cars are.  A car with a cracked windshield or bad trunnion or
broken taillight lens (far fetched??) which cannot pass inspection within 30
days is Junk.  I'd say "I'm sorry, but I cannot believe that", but truth be
told, I am NOT sorry.  What is sorry is the state of the hobby when this
crap...whether these officials are well intentioned or malicious
notwithstanding...is allowed to stand.  What becomes of all the restorable
cars out there when towns like this one disallow parts cars (remember their
presense is prohibited unless in a garage...you cannot cover them (also a
Jerijan Rule), you cannot put them into temporary shelter, etc..)  No parts
cars, no parts.  That makes the restorable car A PARTS CAR as well (since it
cannot be repaired).  Since parts cars are disallowed, POOF...that one is
gone too.  Soon...NO restorable cars left, and attrition makes a car show
just photos in a history book.
Who out there in AMC-Land is ready for that?
Keep this in mind:
United we Stand.  Divided We Fall.

And on that  note, Folks.  Have a real good night and a better tomorrow.

Oh, yeah.  Keep smiling, but keep the Keys to those junkers locked up.  Your
town wants you to 'clean up' (*is that sponsored by your Chevy or Toyota or
Subooboo or Bimmer dealer..or whatever??)

Jerijan