[Amc-list] Progress Report 195.6 OHV

I received my order from Kanter products today.  The
order included piston rings, main bearings and rod
bearings.

The piston rings are old stock TRW Ramco cast iron
rings.  The main bearings are Johnson Bearings made by
Johnson Bronze Co. Both Johnson Bronze and the Ramco
(as a US brand) are long gone according to an internet
search.  In fact the Johnson Bronze site in
Pennsylvania is now a Superfund cleanup site.  At
least these bearings and rings are U.S. made.  Ebay
did have a couple of 1940s ads from both companies.

I'm not so sure about the rod bearings.  They are
no-name bearings in shrink wrap packaging.  They are a
dull grey color with no copper or bronze layer
showing.  The dimensions .020 and some initials are
stamped on the back of the bearings.

I think Kanter must have bought up old stock products
when they could find them and has other parts
manufactured to their specifications.

Joe Fulton