Re: [Amc-list] ?The Michigan ?Green Thumb? Alternative Fuel Show 2008?

There are reasonable priced (under $200) electric pumps available to move Liquefied LPG.

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] ?The Michigan ?Green Thumb? Alternative Fuel
	Show 2008?
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I use propane to heat my house.  I believe I've been paying $2.05 for like a year now.  No idea if my supplier fills vehicles, but I had them install a second line to the pole barn when they brought the tank...

Yeah, there's taxes/different taxes when bought in bottles, plus
road tax where charged.  Captive house delivery is different,
and even there varies all over.

You can't decant home-delivered fuel into your vehicle. Home
tanks deliver gas off the top, you need liquid off the bottom
for motor fuel.  You can partially/mostly fill a totally empty
small tank from a mostly full large one by simple pressure
equalization, but otherwise you need a pump.

All of this technology is old hat, well documented, and
not easily subverted. It's just RTFM on most of it. All the
low-hanging fruit has alreday been picked.