Re: [Amc-list] gooey stuff what the heck is that?

Re: [Amc-list] gooey stuff what the heck is that?

On 10/14/2008 8:38 PM, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:
<snip>
>> 4. Have any of you ever had one of these heater core or A/C boxes completely
>> disassembled right down to
>>     removing the little rivets? Where did you find matching or nearly
>> matching rivets and what tool did you set the
>>     new rivets with?

</snip>

The heater box rebuild stuff starts at
http://www.mattsoldcars.com/RestoreAmerican/heater_box01.shtml (also
some stuff at http://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4445). I
list part numbers and a source for most of the odd ball stuff. I do have
some of that stuff left but I've already given most of it away.

McMaster-Carr and Fastenal are good sources for the hardware but you can
buy in smaller quantities from McMaster-Carr. You'll need a type of
rivet called a blossom or bulb rivet for attaching the covers to the
heater box. Detroit Muscle Technologies has a good selection of the
seals. I don't recall what year and model you are working on but if they
don't have it, they can make it (they're really good to work with which
is nice).

Matt

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx