Re: [Amc-list] 69 amc V WHAT??!!

I have thought about what he said with the rocker stud, then realized the 6 has the pairs of rockers, so it's probably a broken rocker or the bolt on one side of the front pair has stripped. (I wasn't too awake when I looked at it. Last of the tin cover motors!)

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 69 amc V WHAT??!!
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."

$1,000?
Geez, you can get by with bearing loctite a new stud and a can of lacquer thinner or equivelant!
Clean the hole, dry it, coat the new stud with bearing loctite and hammer it in!

   I've not done, it but had a friend who ran a high lift solid lifter cam in an old SBF with pressed studs, every now and again one would pop out. He'd do that trick and put it back together, as near as I know the loctited studs stayed in. Just let them set overnite for the loctite to harden. Too much loctite will hydrolock themess, maybe he filed a vertical slot on the stud to let it ooze back up out, I can't remember, too many years ago.

  YMMV.

--
Mark Price