[Amc-list] clutch linkage gone wonky...

.. slowly. I just noticed that the clutch engages right at the top of
pedal travel. It was bad when I put the new clutch in; it's definitely
the linkage, not the clutch wear parts. But it's gotten very slowly
worse. There's no slippage at all, it just sits way too high.

That fabric inner pivot mount thingie was junk, I made a sheet metal
replacement, I probably got the dimensions wrong. Gotta climb under
there and work out what's wrong before travel is not enough to disengage!

Anyone run into worn out early AMerican clutch linkages? Find a solution?