[AMC-list] Power steering

I finally gave it a try.

The power steering pump on the white Javelin has been leaking fluid through
the front seal for several years.
It finally got bad enough that it was spewing fluid up onto the botom of the
hood, and hosing down the belt.
I can't take that any more.
Went to NAPA and asked for a seal kit for an Eaton power steering pump for
the 70 Javelin.
Requested an extra front shaft seal just in case I needed it.
They had the seal kit in the MN metro area and the shaft seal too. They sent
it down here overnite.

I already had the pump tore down and cleaned up, waiting for the seals to be
replaced.
I had to destroy the old shaft seal to get it out. The new seal is a single
lip instead of a double lip.
That's not unusual, I've seen that in many aftermarket shaft seals.
I put it all back together tonite.
With any luck I'll get it back on the car tomorrow and see what happens.
Question for you guys,
Justice brothers sells a power steering fluid that says it's for AMC pumps.
It's more like automatic transmission fluid.
The TSM says fill it with automatic transmission fluid.
In the past I had been using NAPA brand power steering fluid.

Any suggestions?? Which one do you use??

Vote # 1.  Dexron ll trans fluid

or #2. Power steering fluid.

Thanks,

Armand