[AMC-list] (no subject)

I believe I had a T-96 in my '66 Fairlane (3 speed with 289) I swapped it out for a 4 speed side loader (the one with 4th gear as O/D in place of 3rd gear) and I got an adapter to go between that bell and a T5 Mustang trans from Dark Horse Performance in Renton, WA about 10 years ago.

From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] calponycar adapter to replace the T-96 with T-5...

I called 'em up trying to work out which of their Ford adapters is closest
to one I could fit to the AMC six bell. Their new website has less info on
the adapters than the old one did.

 Ford seems to have used a T-96 (though I can't seem to google up the
answer!) on 6cyl falcons and mustangs. It was a 3 speed with non-synchro
first, at least.

Anyways, I was expecting a cold shoulder from them (rambler what?) but not
at all -- when I told him my problem (I want T-5 on the back side (easy) but
the bellhousing side to be a T-96 centering hole), he said they could pull
an adapter out of the manufacturing process "incomplete" (eg. just the
centering hole, not the mounting holes) for me, and if I hack one up to
work, they would manufacture a batch of AMC-specific adapters we could buy
in a batch purchase.

So, any takers? That last is still hypothetical, and I wonder at how many
people are really interested in modifying AMC/Ramblers.

I'm doing one for myself for sure, and likely just re-drilling (may be just
the two lower) holes in the adapter or bell.