[AMC-list] (no subject)

From: "Graham, George W (GE Infra, Energy)"
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Carter BBD (was Re:  AMC-list Digest, Vol 8,
	Issue 22)

Since I haven't heard anyone bring up this yet; here goes:

Whenever you overhaul a BBD, always drill out the bottom of the idle
bleed tubes to .030 size.  This was actually an AMC service letter fix
for idling issues; and it works every time!!   Also pay close attention
to the metering rod and acc pump adjustments, and get those dead-on.
Then of course adjust the timing and idle per the AMC IS-12e service
letter, and you're good to go.  I've OH'ed about 50 BBD's in the last 10
years for other folks and myself, and I've had no problems from any of

George ( & others) the main reason for the drill out was because of crud in the gas. I fixed mine by using a torch tip cleaner. But making the holes oversized also made fuel economy drop (I got close to 23 mpg from my Spirit once it was dialed in)