Re: [AMC-list] Nash Truck

That could be the one, but Leonard's still has writing on the doors and I don't think it was out of Harrisonburg. It would not surprise me if Leonard actually had two, he has 300 or so cars stashed in a series of sheds.

At 11:19 PM 12/17/2009, you wrote:

William 'Chip' Lamb <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>

>Leonard McGrady in MD may have bought the tow truck you passed on, I
>think it was from the northeast. It's now near Aberdeen. $2500 is a
>steal for a Cal truck.

You might be referring to a Nash tow truck that was owned by Shenandoah Transportation in Harrisonburg, VA for almost fifty years. I used to go by there to visit the old man who owned the place. He passed away in the nineties, and his wife and family set up an auction to close the business out. He had Ramblers and AMC's of all vintages right into the mid to late nineties sitting on his lot and inside his building.

He also had a treasure-trove of AMC parts in the parts department basement; as I understood it, just about everything was taken to the county dump.

I rummaged through his stuff a couple of times whle he was still around. In the late eighties, I bought a brand new rimblow steering wheel for my 70 AMX; in the early eighties I bought a pair of NOS quarters for a 67 Marlin (which I resold at a car show) and a pair of quarters for an AMX I was working on. I even found a bunch of internal transmission parts I needed to rebuild my 68 T-10. He has some amazing stuff downstairs. The back lot was awesome too. Marlins, Javelins, Classics, Ambassadors, verts, you name it -- he had it; right into the nineties.

Anyway, I'd heard that the tow truck went to MD after the auction, but I'm not certain.

-- Marc

--
William "Chip" Lamb
Richmond, VA - 804-357-4926