[AMC-list] Alabama State Trooper AMC Javelin on ebay/blown out shock tow

[AMC-list] Alabama State Trooper AMC Javelin on ebay/blown out shock tower

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-AMC-JAVELIN-SST-401-ALABAMA-STATE-POLICE-CAR-/290534859658?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a53a238a#v4-36

neat to see some stuff like this still out there, while it needs total restoration, would be worth it. Note bullet holes in windshield. Bad guys. *Worth noting! Check out the welded shock plate in the trunk. This was common with 1970 thru 1974 Javelins & AMXs.....mostly due to air shocks, it would blow whole plate up into trunk.

I can also tell you that this would occur from too much weight in rear seat or trunk....it happened to a 70 Javelin I had when I hit a pothole and had lots of books (dead weight!) in trunk and back seat. Very hard to fix this and ever have the car level again, and not many places wanted to even touch it as it is near gas tank and more importantly, the metal is extremely thin there on driver side in trunk. So even if you DO weld it like this photo, never the same.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com