From: "d stohler" <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 1:37 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] One wire alternator

> i may be a little late to this. (i been out of town away from online
service) havent read the entire thread. if your doing a conversion from the
old generator, i did this on my '62 classic. it should work the same way for
the old motorola alts also. it was SO easy (a rock could almost do it) i
used a gm 10si alt 55 amp (i think it was) alternator. i got a
generator/alternator conversion bracket. that cost me about $55 total. the
wiring was so easy. if  you go to my link posted below my name, and click on
the album for 10si conversion (or something like that i forget the name,
theres a pic of an alt there) i have pics of how to wire it up. works
perfect. the only thing i suggest, is running a HEAVIER wire from the charge
terminal on the alt to the battery. when my battery is low, that wire gets
warm while charging. the little wire for the generator to kill the light on
the dash, does the same on the 10si alternator. plug it into the hole that
is not
>  plugged in the pics. the 10si has an internal regulator so you can get
rid of all that other crap on the fender. looks SO much cleaner. im probably
to late on this thread, but if anyone else comes across this, i  hope they
find it here. its TOOOOO easy.