Re: [AMC-list] looking for a list or schedule of jobs to restore a car

Re: [AMC-list] looking for a list or schedule of jobs to restore a car

Steve; How I would do it is paint all the sills, engine bay and trunk now. Paint the door that is on the inside of the car and the underside of tunk and hood. You know, those things that are hard to get at once the doors and lids are in place. Do your two steps and clear coat, wet sand, etc.
Then you can start bolting it together.
The idea is to not waste time and money on getting a perfect paint job, only to have it scratched and dented putting in the engine.
Once it is running and drivable, with all the bugs ironed out and the interior in, then you can have it painted........Russ