Re: [AMC-list] parting out amc eagle NJ crusher alert & more Eagles for

Re: [AMC-list] parting out amc eagle NJ crusher alert & more Eagles for sale & parts

It's not so much the one(s) that we see like this going to crusher, it is the thousands before them no one cared about and went silently. Little or no, interest. The last gen AMCs have popped up in junkyards mostly in 90s and some of the stuff on them 'common' and other items' collectible' but overall you sell handful of items everyone is looking for like flairs, grille perhaps then you left with scrap weight due to zero interest. Supply & demand. And it won't always be this way either, items for these will be difficult to find in years to come as more and more of them disappear.

With that in mind, here is a 88 Eagle, one of 2306 made being parted out:
======================
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2311876793.html
Parting out a 1988 AMC Eagle. This car does still run, the transmission is good and the 4 wheel drive works. Let me know what you need and see if we can come to a deal. Give me a call at 319 270-1600. Emails will not be answered, so don't waste my time or yours. And NO, junkers will not get this car for a couple hundred bucks so again don't waste my time or yours. Have a great day!
=======================
Not being parted out but a last yrear, few made 83 SX/4 for $1200, gets excellent gas mileage with gas headed towards $4 I guess: 83 AMC Eagle SX/4. Needs alternator and EGR valve. 66k original miles. 4cly Gets 25mpg Possible trade to atv or side by side 859 248 4540
http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/2309859033.html
========================
clean and rare color Eagle wagon for $600
http://eastidaho.craigslist.org/cto/2310184529.html
1984 AMC Eagle. Newer tires, belts, waterpump. 4 wheel drive works. Runs good. Call Greg 208-681-8030
========================
clean 85 wagon $1400 in Minnesota:
1985 AMC Eagle 4WD with 55,945xx. This is a classic great car in fair condition. The fuel pump, ignition module and battery have all been replaced within the last two months. There is some work that needs to be done. The rear differential needs to be worked on. The car still runs and drives but there is some noise in the back from the rear differential. We would love to keep this beauty of a car but are moving to Chicago this weekend and don't have the time or energy to put the work into it. Come and take a gander at a true american classic. Perfect car for someone who appreciates older cars and can handle the constant thumbs up and smiles from passerby s. Peace, Niki
(773)663.7870 or Ryan (952)334.0989 or nikijewell19@xxxxxxxxx
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/2309095920.html
==============================
old woodie 85 Eagle wagon $600
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2308115818.html
100% rust free. Original paint. Has inline 6 with auto trans. Car is complete minus gas tank and cat. converter. Willing to trade for flatbed trailer, 67 and 69 camaro parts, project 80 series scout, scout II, small body Bronco project or light weight travel trailer ????? Thanks Dave (76O) 553-4O55
==================================
maximize your profit when you part out this one for $500
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/2305678242.html
AMC Eagle, running condition unknown, complete and fair condition,
507-twoeightthree-eightzerozerosix
===================================
you can count the 2 door sedan Eagles, much less introductory year 1980 ones...on one had in 2011, here is clean Dallas example for $2000 1980 AMC Eagle, runs good, new batery, new tires, filters. Shows 65K but more like 165K. looks great and runs great. new trans filter, gasket, oil, plugs, distributor, battery, tires, and u-joints
call David 469-831-0754
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2303494476.html
=================================
$800 will get you 'the beast' I like this fellow's description of his 84 Eagle
http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/2303037393.html
================================
your Pittsburgh Eagle has a big bad green engine $750
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2292494758.html
I have a 87 amc eagle.. New gas tank, torque converter, valve stem seals, valve cover gasket. plugs wires, fuel pump., all gaskets on top of motor except head gasket which is still good. 2 new tires . does leak some juices not alot tho. 4.2 litre with 2 bbl carb motor is 1980 4.2 4 wheel drive works great. column messed up needs front bearing No ac have everything for the ac for ac to work must purchase diffrent alternator new belts and retrofit kit along with r134a unless you just hapen to have r12 compressor is good but not hooked up at moment used windshield was installed leaks a little needs a little more caulking hate to sell but its time to go also new timing chain headlight admissins components are in the back by the spare NEeds pvc gromet currently registered in fayette county so no need for admissions . also door is a little messed up got caught while backing up but runs great also rebuilt carb brand new pads and shoes and cut rotors and drums are like new underneath the car ? great undercoat maybe one little bad spot size of quarter Serious inquires only SEVEN TWO FOUR 544- Three TWO 57
=======================================
parting out 84 Eagle, $500 or parts:
I am selling my 1981 AMC Eagle Wagon for parts. It is a good running car with lots of new parts. The only problem is that the front subframe around the passenger wheel is rusted out. I do not have a title for this car, for parts only. Please send me an email or call/text me with any ?.
Five Six Three Nine Four Zero ONE THREE NINE THREE
http://ottumwa.craigslist.org/cto/2288334665.html
======================================
last year I put up my 1988 Eagle wagon, wife's daily driver:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/88_Eagle.jpg
for $500. Zero interest and had it advertised for 6 months before deciding to part it out. It was last year 1988 Eagle #100 of 2306 made.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/last_amc_built.htm

So when parting it, everyone wanted: flairs for end cap bumpers, delay wipers, AM/FM/Cassette, bumpers, and not much else. A number of it's parts ended up on my own fleet of Eagles, Concord wagon & sportabout:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/winter2011.jpg

but also let it go for $150 with good running engine, trans, whole suspension, radiator, doors and some more, just....was...no interest beyond certain parts. Compare it to 71-74 AMX & Javelins. You get past the first dozen 'collectible' parts and what do you have. A rolling hulk the scrap man will give you $300 or so for weight. And so it goes. Hope some of those Eagles, and their parts up above find good homes, Eagles are a blast to drive, wife drives her 88 daily, and I drive my 82 almost daily and has 210,000 miles on it.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "LarryS" <vision1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Oh I quite agree! It's a GREAT car. A mighty fine specimen of an Eagle. I have 5 such Eagles and none of them started off that well. Those bumper end caps are like gold. 2 of mine have some way to go to get THAT good... and this one is headed to the crusher. Shame. The kinked hood is a VERY common problem with their stupid short-link hood hinge setup. Aside that, the rest of the car looks GREAT. I'd go get the thing myself if it wasn't 2,000 miles away. Screw the title, I could make it all work ;-)
L.