Re: [AMC-list] Front springs

" From: krausseakrauss@xxxxxxx
"
"  Hey guys, I'm looking for a set of front springs for my 69 American,
" coilsprings.com wants $205.00 a pair custom made, a place by my house
" said they can get a pair for $95.00
" But my car was a 6-cyl. without air con. and the ones they can get are
" for a 6-cyl. with air, I plan on putting a V-8 into it. and I read on
" the forums that the 6-cyl. springs would be perfect for what I want
" but the 6-cyl. with air ,springs are more like a V-8 spring. any
" thoughts what would you do ?? I wanted the car to sit lower I dropped
" the rear like 3"-4"

'68 tsm says [partly]:
6 w/o ac	800/765 lbs l/r
6 w ac		830 lbs l/r
		80 lbs/in, 0.471" wire

8 w/o ac	850/890 lbs l/r
8 w ac		890/935 lbs l/r
		850 & 890, 93 lbs/in, 0.496" wire
		935, 100 lb/in, 0.505" wire

i'd expect '67-9 to be identical

if you're lowering the car the right choice would be the custom
springs, as with less travel they should be stiffer, but i'd take the
6 w/ac springs if that's all you can get.  they're still much lighter
than v8 springs.