[AMC-list] Fuel pump question

I am having a problem with the wipers on my '62 Classic; they don't work! They move slightly when turned on, but lack enough strength to move the blades more than a few inches. I am assuming I need to pull the heater box and rebuild the vacuum motor, but before I do that I thought I would check the obvious. The vacuum lines look good, but I have a question about the hook-up of the vacuum booster fuel pump.

          Which fuel pump port should be connected to the manifold and which to the wiper motor?

When I look down at the top of my fuel pump, the line from the manifold connects to the port on the passenger side of the pump while the wiper motor hose is connected to the port on the drivers side. They cross over each other, which doesn't really make sense to me.

          Is mine hooked up like yours or is it backwards?

FYI, I have the 196 cast iron engine. If some members with similiar cars could look at their set up and conform my set up I will be a happy guy. Thanks in advance.

Mike Klepp