[AMC-list] AMX no shoulder harness

Someone asked me about some of the 1967 built 1968 AMX's with no shoulder harness in them. I believe these were all built in 1967, possibly into Jan 1968. Have seen some early literature with them in it, but do not know when it was printed, except before AMX 'officially' introduced in Febuary 1968...however about 60-100 cars built before intro as were being used for mules, press cars, demos and drive reports. Anyways there is a photo of a 1968 AMX with no shoulder harness strap on my site, have owned 3 or 4 of these as 1968 is my favorite year:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amx_parts/68-amx-no-shoulder-harness.JPG

this particular car was a Calcutta Russett, a beautiful one year only 1968 color, looks like candy apple red. Too bad AMC dropped that color.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com