Re: [AMC-list] AMX no shoulder harness

I just purchased 2 sets of retractable 3 point belts off of E bay from seller hidcountry, They have several seatbelt/Shoulder belt items. I was pleased with there looks, come with new bolts.

-----Original Message----- From: Marc Montoni
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 3:20 PM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMX no shoulder harness

Speaking of shoulder belts, have any of you replaced those lame factory belts on your AMX or Javelin with a set of self-retracting three-point belts from a later model AMC (or other car)?

My 68 AMX (for sale, BTW -- see http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130515988000 ) has only **aftermarket** lap belts and they're tremendoudly cheesy-looking. The car does have the early style holes near the 1/4 window.

I'm looking for something that is more functional than the primitive design of the factory belts but that won't look glaringly out of place on the car (thus the preference for later model AMC).

I've gotten used to the smooth and obstacle-free operation and relatively firm retract of modern belts. It's ridiculous to need two hands to buckle up.

Any recommendations?

-- Marc