To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 2:33 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] Seatbelts in an 70AMX I owned.

Hello
I just sold a 70 AMX that never had seats belts period. It had the original carpet in it when I got the car to restore. There were no holes in the carpet to put bolts through. The threaded inserts in the floor pan had plastic plugs in the holes. It was a automatic car with the console there were no magnets on the console to hold the belt after you took it off. There were no clips above the window to hold the shoulder harness if you decided not to use it. The holes in the sail panels had color coded plastic plugs in them. I am sure the car never had seat belts. But in Concourse Judging I had points taken off because they said all AMC's in 70 had seat belts. I had a 70 Javelin that had the clips above the door and the magnets on the console. My question i could the car be ordered without seat belts???
Sincerely
Stephen Smith
Louisville, Ky,.