To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 304 manual transmission circa 71 or 72

One line says the 304 doesn't have a pilot hole, another line says it does.
?? You have 2 304s?

The 3-speed is probably a T-14. References are at home.

Ken

Quoting Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Friend of mine has had a 71 or 72 Javelin since his high school days in the
early 90's.
Currently he wante dto swap the 304 out of htis car into his Jeep CJ with a
258 and a T5.
The 304 had a 3 speed manual behind it when in the Javelin. Might that have
been a T150?

Anyway, the 304 doesn't have the pitol hole bored in the back of the crank
that would receive the
pilot shank from the input shaft on the T5.

What gives?

I'm confused, I thoght all cranks came bored with the piolot hole for a
pilot bushing and could take
a manual transmission.

The 304 in the white Javelin has hole in th eback of the crank.

Help me understand what's going on here.

Thanks,

Armand