Re: [AMC-list] 70/71 6cyl wanted

" From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" im looking for an early (old 6 cyl bell bolt pattern) 232, or even
" better yet an old bell 258. (i think the 258 will be HARD to find) i
" want to bolt it into my '62 rambler, and not have to change the entire
" drive train. i like the old 3spd/od. i also plan in the future to add
" a 4.0 head with efi. (hidden of course) anybody know of anything
" anywhere? as long as its rebuildable, im game!!!

old-bell tall blocks were '71 only, and only some of them were 258s.

stick or auto?

frank will warn you about fragility of the t96 with increasing hp,
from his experience.  i don't know if they're compatible with the
amc15 torque tube, but i'm pretty sure the v8 t86 or t89 3sp would
bolt to a '72-up i6 with a '68-'74 v8 bell.  both were still used in
'67, first year of the new v8s.

the t35 auto is better, versions having been used with 232s and 258s
through '71.