Re: [AMC-list] a/c o ring male tube end

Thanks for the reply Mark, I need to fabricate a few tubes to a certain length, not just refit with new O ring. And yeah, that's exactly why I want to convert all the A/c for the Javelin to O ring style, the flare crap leaks.

The tube is held in place by a brass like or plated nut, there's a raised ring around the tube that the nut uses to hold the tube in place. The area of the tube under the O ring is a larger diamter than the tube itself, sort of the standard type stuff that was used around 74 and later. I did get one tip locally, I was told to go to an implement dealer, they fit up A/c tubes on tractors I guess. I'm gonna try that early next week.

Armand

I've not seen a specific tool, just make sure there are no burrs with little crocus cloth and roll the o-ring on. Can't recall any of them ever leaking.

I'm looking for an affordable tool that will roll the bead on th eend
of
aluminum tubing for O ring fittings,
Does anyone know how this is done and what tool it used to achieve it?
thanks,
Armand