To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] PRND21 floor shifter housing wanted

Frank--no, it's not the same. The Eagles used the same style shifter as the Fords, which sits directly on top of the transmission tunnel. The Hornet/Gremlin/Pacer used a shifter and shifter bezel unique to the AMC which mounts slightly to the driver's side of the transmission tunnel. The H/G/P shifter also looks nothing like the Ford shifter.

While the Ford shifter might be functional, it certainly wouldn't look correct in a H/G/P.

I know someone who has several of the H/G/P shifters and I sent her Bruce's information to contact him. Hopefully we can get him hooked up.

Jeff Reeves
Auburn, GA
01 Grand Cherokee
72 Javelin SST