Re: [AMC-list] rust repair.

Like my father said "You can cut it long as many times as you like, but you'll cut it short only once before the scrap heap!

From: markprice242 <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>, "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and
 family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] rust repair.

Measure twice, cut once, leaving it a bit long. Done correctly you will probably be ahead of the game to go this route. You need to really research what you are doing to do it correctly. Serious mistakes are things like grinding away the meat of welds and leaving weak areas such as pillar posts. If Casper is rusted front and rear, don't the 2 and 4door 62 Classics share wheelbase and even the same look. Could it be possibly better to take the 1/4's, pillars and doors from Casper and move them onto the 4door? Quite a few people have done this to make 64 up 2dr American wagons. Mark