Re: [AMC-list] Need HELP on getting open SX/4 electric trunk release

Re: [AMC-list] Need HELP on getting open SX/4 electric trunk release

Have you checked out the AMC eagle forum? http://forums.amceaglenest.com The struts should just pop off the ball socket once you have the hatch open. I think you can open the latch from the inside with a slim screw driver. Once open check the contact post and contact in cover for cleanliness The copper contact oxides over time causing poor continuity. You can also add a ground jumper at the top of the hatch to ensure a good ground path for the solenoid in the latch.