Re: [AMC-list] Model 20 rearend widths

" From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Joe. Quick story here on rear end widths. I had a 1968 AMX that I kept
" the rear end when I sold the cart. This is a 4.11 posi completely
" rebuilt with all juicy speed parts from back in the day.
" I swapped it into a 75 Gremlin that I was racing, and everything lined
" up perfectly.
" []
" I don't know the widths of these rears but I tried to put the same
" rear in my 65 American and the width was right, but the springs
" wouldn't line up.....Russ

that's interesting!  on paper, it should be 2-3" too wide for the
american...