Re: [AMC-list] New AMC book

This mentioned on facebook:

"Mr Foster always takes a negative approach on this subject. He never views anything positive about the aquisition of AMC by Chrysler. Even his title calls it "Fall" meaning failure. Chrysler taking over AMC was a good thing for the AMC employees, the factories continued, the JEEP brand as well. and influencial people with in AMC became more influencial people at Chrysler."

in the
http://www.facebook.com/groups/2256967810/permalink/10151305496292811/
group for those of ya'll on there the group is called "The AMC (American
Motors) Fan Club as well as Hudson and Nash"

to which something that always bothered me in 1970s I had to mention.

"Frank just hit a real nerve with me. Years ago when I bought my first car a 70 Javelin back in 1976, the media, that is ABC, NBC, CBS news always seem to call American Motors "struggling American Motors" when their bias reporting a story. I would love to hear same organizations (they no longer news, more pop crap now like what Beyonce wearing, new lady googoo perfume, Obummer poll) but would LOVE to see them say "struggling Kia, or struggling Toyota, struggling GM' when reporting yet another bailout or massive recall. Think about it, for those of you who remembered that in 1970s and owned and drove AMC products (and STILL drive them in 2013) for me at least, it was enough to change channel!"

I'm not sure what was more surprising, me seeing the no bias crap reproting
on what passes for news now, or me remembering my first AMC in 1976

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMX/stakes-first-javelin.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMX/1976javelintransplant.jpg

(brother Tommy & dad Homer Stakes putting one of the 9 engines in poor thing.
Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825 days
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx