[AMC-list] The Unfortunate History of the AMC Pacer

[AMC-list] The Unfortunate History of the AMC Pacer

What a wonderful tribute to another of AMC’s most understood cars.  As a life-long AMC driver/fan, it always got my short hairs up when people who know nothing at all about AMC start slamming the “ugly” (in their terms) Pacer.  When informed about the forward thinking features the car featured, and the unfortunate loss of the rotary engine, they soften their views quite a bit, and usually look like someone just slammed their privates in their SS 396 door!

Maybe we can look forward to some other videos about AMC vehicles soon... some as well put together as this one on the Pacer.  Maybe something to do with the way AMC showed their innovative ideas like the molded headliner, the seven main bearing six, disc brakes on full size cars, A/C standard, unibody construction, or, how AMC and Rolls Royce were using state of the art items to build their cars, instead of trying to redesign the rose!

I just love AMC and what they did for who they were.

---