Re: [AMC-list] 56 Chris Craft w/327 AMC Power

If it wasn't all the way near Dayton Ohio I'd be calling about it! Looks like it needs a lot of wood work, but if it wasn't so far away I'd try to get it for $1000. I think I could save it even if the entire transom has to be rebuilt -- provided most of the framing is still solid. Won't know until it got a good look. The trailer and parts would be worth $1000 even if I had to build another entire hull (or a bit different design, something a bit easier to build). Can't take off to Ohio though. If I could get there and back in a day I'd be trying to work a deal, but a day there and a day back is more than I'm willing to gamble on for a huge undertaking like that is going to be!

=============================

Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 22:20:25 -0500
From: Marc Montoni<Freedom@xxxxxxxx>

When was the last time you saw an AMC-powered boat for sale?

http://dayton.craigslist.org/boa/4264090549.html

For Sale-Classic Wood Boat - $2000 (st marys)

contact by phone:       419-202-9421
Or via email:m57dk-4264090549@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1956 Chris Craft---18ft Continental with 327 AMC Inboard with tandem axle trailer with good tires and new spare tire and rim. Note was boat was recently listed as a 57, but build order shows August 1956. All chrome hardware and windshield in excellent condition. See attached pictures, Call 419-202-9421 for further details.