[AMC-list] AMC mailbox with baby wrens on Houston television Channel 2 K

[AMC-list] AMC mailbox with baby wrens on Houston television Channel 2 KPRC

This short appeared on Houston television station Channel 2 KPRC right
before Easter Sunday 2014. Khambrel Marshall picked up story, as I had sent
some stills of the baby wrens taking over my American Motors mail box. This
was the caption I sent to Ch. 2, and they sent out photographer to do
filming! Quite neat.

"For the 5th year in row, momma wren has taken over my mailbox in Wrenwood
subdivision in west Houston. Not sure why she likes my mailbox which is a
'car guy' mailbox affixed with many American Motors emblems. Maybe she is
AMC fan. So when she starts building nest, I put up the sign and another
mailbox to side. There were 5 eggs, and believe there are 3-5 babies in
there, the 3rd photo is of them with mouths open ready to be fed. You can
whistle next to mailbox and they go wild. Eyes still closed. Wrens are about
1/2 size of a sparrow, or about size of finches. The momma has gotten used
to us looking in mailbox so does not fly out at face. I'm sure she is ready
for spring break of some sorts. The daddy wren will catch bugs and feed the
momma who then feeds the babies. Rather cool, they should be flying the coop
in less than month then I have mailbox back."

That is son's Noah & Jacob in background, and Paige ringing in on cell
heard. The wrens don't EVEN consider my 68 AMX & 68 Javelin glove boxes
hanging above awning which is more room and higher up. They just want THIS
particular mail box.

http://youtu.be/22gz-jfw1us

Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days