Re: [AMC-list] Fw: oil for an '82 T5 tranny from my Spirit GT? -

I used Redline MTL in my 83 Spirit. Worked great. Nobody stocked it locally. I bought it from Summit Racing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "wrambler242" <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Fw: oil for an '82 T5 tranny from my Spirit GT? -

Redline MTL is a perfect fit.
No GL5 to eat brass and other items in the non world class T5.
It's full synthetic, stays the same viscosity.

There will probably be a big uproar over rights and wrongs.
AMC started specing the ATF, that's what TSMs will show.
The T5's failed.
AMC moved to a custom concoction of Gear lube properties that smelled really foul. It's not available. There is a bulletin about the lube change. Was supposed to be added into the TSM, most never got in there.
ATF will probably hold up in normal driving, but I would not risk it.
Call around to Modern driveline and a few other T5 shops,
They will tell you atf is not the correct lube in a non world class AMC T5.
I run MTL in both my American and my 97 XJ Cherokee. Good stuff.