[AMC-list] fw: rambler windshield seal issue question

[AMC-list] fw: rambler windshield seal issue question

"Rambler restoration glass installation question: "I am restoring the above car. (64 Rambler ambassador) Safelite did the front and rear windshields. Three times and they still leaked and rusted out my trunk and front floorboards. Have the floorboards and front windshield sealed, doing this myself. A question please. The rear rubber is cut into two pieces. Is that standard? Can't remember where or when I bought the rubber gaskets, never opened the box, just gave to the man doing the body work and paint job. Which you would not believe the mess he did, then went and had a heart attack so did not pursue any action after that. The front fits fine after correcting the problems and no leaks. The rear gasket is cut at the bottom right and left corners. Did not know if that is standard, trying to figure out how to keep from leaking. Any help is greatly appreciated. By the way, you sold me the rear windshield glass so thought you would know the correct answer. Tired to getting experts who know less than I do about Ramblers. Thanks Ken" above I got today from frustrated Ken who is having issues installing his seals. Anyone wish to reply, please do, copy your reply to Ken at kennybug7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , thanks in advance to all who might reply.
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com