From: "Sandwich Maker" <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 7:02:11 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Converting to a GM HEI 6 Distributor

" From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I just use the Motorcraft HEI and one doesn't have to take the distributor out.

you must mean the duraspark fat cap and square coil, the 'tfi tuneup'.
'hei' is a gm trademark.

i don't understand why amc didn't do this from the start, unless ford
wouldn't let them.

note on drive gears - gm dist shafts are 1/2"; prestolite gears also
fit, but ['78-up] duraspark shafts are 17/32".  since i did my swap on
a '68 i reused my original delco gear.